Product DescriptionInspire students to develop as writers in the first grade classroom with these engaging and creative writing lessons. This classroom-tested resource shows positive results in students' writing and simplifies the planning of writing instruction. It contains detailed information on how to establish and manage daily Writer's Workshop and includes consistent, structured instruction to encourage students to actively participate in the writing process. Specific lessons to help students develop the traits of quality writing are also included. This resource develops college and career readiness skills and is aligned to today's standards.
About Shell Education
Rachelle Cracchiolo started the company with a friend and fellow teacher. Both were eager to share their ideas and passion for education with other classroom leaders. What began as a hobby, selling lesson plans to local stores, became a part-time job after a full day of teaching, and eventually blossomed into Teacher Created Materials. The story continued in 2004 with the launch of Shell Education and the introduction of professional resources and classroom application books designed to support Teacher Created Materials curriculum resources. Today, Teacher Created Materials and Shell Education are two of the most recognized names in educational publishing around the world.
Richard Gentry;Jan McNeel;Vickie Wallace-Nesler
- Ideal for assisting teachers to incorporate writing instruction in the classroom as an essential element of literacy development
- A valuable resource that will show positive results in students' writing and simplifies the planning of writing instruction
- Assists teachers in becoming familiar with the Common Core State Standards of Writing
- This teacher resource CD contains information on how to establish a daily writing workshop and engage students in the writing process
- English, Published English, Original Language English, Unknown
Getting to the Core of Writing: Essential Lessons for Every First Grade Student