Product DescriptionSupport readers in Grades 6–12 improve their comprehension of informational text using a variety of proven reading strategies. This book addresses essential reading skills such as main idea, supporting details, summarizing, developing vocabulary, making inferences, making connections, questioning, point of view, and monitoring comprehension. All of the skills and strategies are provide practical teaching guidelines as well as motivating student activities.
About Shell Education
Rachelle Cracchiolo started the company with a friend and fellow teacher. Both were eager to share their ideas and passion for education with other classroom leaders. What began as a hobby, selling lesson plans to local stores, became a part-time job after a full day of teaching, and eventually blossomed into Teacher Created Materials. The story continued in 2004 with the launch of Shell Education and the introduction of professional resources and classroom application books designed to support Teacher Created Materials curriculum resources. Today, Teacher Created Materials and Shell Education are two of the most recognized names in educational publishing around the world.
- Improve content-area reading with a variety of strategies and a wealth of information with this resource
- Aids students in their comprehension of non-fiction text
- This book includes essential reading skills and strategies grouped into 8 categories
- The included Resource CD features graphic organizers and activity pages that can be reproduced and modified
- English, Published English, Original Language English, Unknown
Successful Strategies for Reading in the Content Areas Secondary (Successful Strategies for Reading Across the Content Areas)