Product DescriptionThrough two previous editions, this landmark reference has established itself firmly as the definitive resource in colorectal surgery. The third edition continues to redefine the field, with its comprehensive coverage of common and rare colorectal conditions, advances in the molecular biology and genetics of colorectal diseases, new laparoscopic techniques, and more. Contributions from international experts on specialized topics and 400 new illustrations ensure that the extensive text is not only current and authoritative, but easy to understand. No other book provides the expertise of a world-class editorial team with the cutting-edge knowledge you need to master colorectal surgery.
- Get all the state-of-the-art knowledge you need on common and rare colorectal conditions in one easy-to-read reference.
- Gain a global perspective on every facet of colorectal surgery with contributions from a "who's who" of American and international experts.
- Navigate the text quickly with a consistent chapter structure.
- Better understand operative techniques, imaging, anatomy, and pathology thanks to 5,000 detailed illustrations - 400 new to this edition.
- Stay up to date on all aspects of colorectal surgery with new chapters on intestinal failure, critical care, presentation patterns, imaging, perianal dermatology, presacral/retrorectal disorders, diverticular disease, laparoscopic colorectal disease, iatrogenic injuries, fibrin glue for anal fistulas, virtual colonoscopy, colonic stents, nutritional care, and more.
- Master the latest techniques in transanal microsurgery with a chapter dedicated solely to this complex subject.
- Apply the newest advances in imaging, pathology, and genetics.
- Access the latest randomized trials with up-to-date audits of outcome and impact on quality of life.
- Review today's most authoritative coverage of minimally invasive surgery, risk-benefit analyses of therapies, and the latest literature citations.
- Better understand the relationship between colorectal surgery and other fields with chapters addressing pediatrics, sexually transmitted diseases, infections, tropical infections, gynecology, and urology.
- Michael R. B. Keighley MS FRCS
- Norman S. Williams MS FRCS
- English, Published English, Original Language English, Unknown
Surgery of the Anus, Rectum and Colon, 2- Volume Set, 3e (Surgery of the Anus, Rectum & Colon ( Goligher ))